Sunday, January 27, 2008

My Weekend




Ok so lemme tell u bout my weekend in San Blas...wow where to start. Ok so we had to take a lil prop plane for a 1/2 hr 45min flight over to San Blas. Like the plane looked like it glided more then flew lol...After that we took a 20min boat ride to the island. Where we greeted by some Cunas. Very nice. Our "lodgings" were lil cabanna hut type thingys and Shai and I would have the one attached to the generator so that @ 10 or whenever they decided to cut the power ours went too...LOVELY!!! So when we got their we had breakfast which I'm sooo glad that Sra. Elle had made me pancakes before I left because breakfast was corn tortilla thingys( it's hard to describe them) with a piece of ham and a slice of cheese cut in half lol wow. Thank GOD there was pan(bread). We tore that stuff up. Next we sat around talking or hanging out in the hamocks until lunch. Which was barely anything either. You know those baby shrimp that get mixed into salads ya well we had that.....with a lil salad and somethin else I can remember. ANd for dessert 4 slices of cantalope. Needless to say everyone was still hungry.
After lunch we headed over to the island where the majority of the Cunas lived. We were there for 2 hours just walking around and talking to them. I got to buy some really nice molas and one of the wrap braceletts that the woman wear. It was interesting learning about their culture. SIDEBAR: If you wanna know more just read my Spanish post(just copy and paste in microsoft word, right click and select translate. it'll be rough but you'll get the point). Next back to the main island where we were staying where we were practically drooling waiting for dinner.
Now dinner....Ok i don't know what dinner was. It was so mixed seafood...squid and octopus or something....i could still see the suckers. So needless to say I was just eating the veggies...Now I did try it but it wasn't going down right. Once again save by pan lol. After dinner the majority of us ended up playing cards...and I learnd how to dance Salsa..thanks to our professor...and surprise surprise I'm not that bad @ it!! and I like it.
So sleeping...or lack there of it. I think I got 4hrs top cuz I was paranoid that the cabanna was going to blow over cuz it was soooo windy. And the insect net we kept over us had me thinking it was an insect.
Day 2: I was revived by the fact that breakfast was PANCAKES and Scramble eggs!!!! SO so SOoo happy lol...the beginning to a great day. Afterwards we headed to another island where I decided to give snorkling a try......well I think that was my first and last attempt...First not a strong swimmer and panicking from the seaweed is not a real good combo. So i staying in the shallows for the rest of the time we were there. Which wasn't as bad as you think once the sun decided to come out. We headed back to the main island for lunch. Which was also good being chicken and rice...But we discovered there was no more pan :(...Everybody was upset bout that lol. I headed on the main island while some people went back to the Cuna Island. Basically just hung around till dinner. Which wasn't too bad...It was some king of fish. But it wasn't overcast and I could actually see the stars(saw Orion's belt). The night concluded with more cards and some dancing with the Cunas that worked on the island.
But I was actually able to sleep through the night and woke up to my alarm. Which I was too happy to wake up to and start packing. Don't get me wrong it's a nice place but it's just not for me. It's boring and too much roughing it. It was cool for a day I couldn't imagine staying there for more than 2 days. After a less than satisfying breakfast we got on our boat that would take us to the landing strip for our 930 flight...which didn't get there till 1030. After getting our bags it was a consensus to go to Pizza Hut. Where for the first time since Thursday I felt full..sooo good.
After getting home I waited for my mom and sister to get home from a birthday party and they took me to Casco Viejo so I could finish up my shopping for people. SO now the rest of my night will be doing hw and catching up on reading as I head into my last week in Panama

No comments: