Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursday= jueves

Well today was a good day. It was a regular day of classes and watnot except for my second class we did some type of dancing. I'm sure exactly what it was but my teacher was pretty excited about it. Besides it helped to pass the time and made the class go by faster. Like I said I couldn't tell you what it was because to me it seemed to be 2 steppin with some drums and occasional violin. But to each their own right.
Afterwards Shai and I headed to the mall. Finally got to see the other half of it because the last time we never finished it because it's so big and the time I went with my bro and sis it was just to go see the movie. I have to say I don't think I did too much damage. Just got some earrings and a couple rings. I don't know why I'm soo interested in rings now either because I can remember I couldn't stand them when I was younger. Except for those ring pops and that was just because it was candy probably. Oh and another thing that's different here is that the mall closes at 8 and PROPMPTLY!!! that's probably the one thing that isn't run on cptime here. They had their stores locked up. Which brings us to another situation. So Shai and I are trying to leave the mall and get a taxi. No problem you would thing. We have plenty of enough time to go back home and head to the club and get their by 10 1030 latest. WRONG!!! we stood outside for a good 1/2 hr 45 mins trying to get a taxi. Everybody said no and one guy actually laughed @ Shai. Finally I called my host mom and she came to pick us up and drop us off.
So by this time its like 945. I'm rushing to get ready and only have like this lil bowl of rice cuz I'm expecting Shai any moment wit the taxi. She gets to my host a lil b4 1030 and the taxi driver was telling Shai that he didn't have time to take us to the club. In my mind I'm thinking this can't be right I know that her family had called up the taxi and told them they were coming to get me and then take us to the club. So I just sat in the taxi and Shai told us to take us to another taxi cuz he wasn't even going to do that. Well he didn't do that and ended up just taking us to the club which is like above a parking garage.
We get their and Matteo and his host sister end up showing up the same time as we do so we go in together and since we ended up getting there like 11 we ended up having to pay $5 cuz the list closed a lil before we got there. Whatever. But I actually like this discoteca. It was real upscale classy kinda place. We got on the list cuz it was one of the girl's, Christine, host brothers bday. So this famous Panamanian rapper shows up I guess he sings one of the songs I like but he can't sing AT ALL!!! horrible horrible. Shai and I looked at each other and were like we're leaving soon. I mean everybody in the club was just staring at each other or talking no really paying attention to the guy. SO we end up leaving around 1. Somehow manage to find taxis and head back to the house . Where I will be getting 5 hours of sleep before having to wake up @ 630 to get the university by 730 and catch our 930 flight to San Blas...this should be interesting...

No comments: